Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pick Your Own Vegetable/Fruit Farms in Mobile and Baldwin County


I am fortunate that I come from a family of farmers and nurserymen. There is almost always a fresh crop for me to take home and prepare for my family-tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, oranges and right now sweet potatoes.

I did a little digging and found a site online that lists Pick Your Own vegetable/fruit farms in the Mobile/Baldwin County area. Live out of the area? You can search your location HERE! You can also find information on canning, freezing, and making jam on the site. And just in time for fall, the site provides directions to local pumpkins fields, corn mazes and more.

What a great way to support local farmers and provide healthy foods for your family that are budget friendly!

If you know of other farms in the area that offer pick your own please email me and I will pass them on to readers. Also, do any of you know anything about organic farms in the area???

No comments: