Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pulling The Buggy Up to the Register-Bargain Buggy Tips and Tricks at Publix Check Out!

So everything is in the cart, you pull up to the register, start unloading the groceries, all the while REALLY hoping no one gets behind you because you know it's going to take awhile with that pile of coupons in your hand. I swear there were times when I first started that I would be at the register for at least 20 minutes(always when I had the girls with me and they were so ready to go!)

I feel like I have finally perfected checking out with coupons. It's all about being organized! I have two tricks that make the check out process much smoother for the cashier and a lot quicker for me.

Bargain Buggy Tip #1:
Once at the register organize coupons this way:
All $5 offs coupons
All Competitor coupons
All Publix coupons
All Manufacturer coupons
All FREE Manufacturer coupons(fill in the blank)

This method prevents screen changes for the cashier.

Bargain Buggy Tip #2:
When you have FREE product coupons, as you shop write down the product's price. When you get to the register tell the cashier the amount so he/she can fill it in on the coupon.
Prevents them from having to go back and look it up.

Want to see other Bargain Buggy Tips and Tricks? Curious how I organize my shopping trips? Want to know how I prepare for a trip? All of this and more is coming with the Brand NEW Bargain Buggy site--COMING SOON!!!

Special thanks to my TN friend who has guided me on my savings journey!

4 comments:

Queen Pea said...

yes, yes YES!! tell me more!! i'll be watching

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips! I love your site....Can you use more then one $5 off $25 Rite Aid coupon at a time? Thanks!!! ~Becky

The Bargain Buggy said...

Yes. In Fairhope, you can use more than one as long as your total meets the requirements...Example, total $50 before coupons, use 2 $5/25. Total $75, use 3. Orange Beach only allows one.
Glad you like the site! :)

Erika S. said...

Great ideas!! I feel bad making the cashier go back to look for the prices for the Free items. I try to remember the $$ myself but will start writing it on the coupon now. Thanks!!