Sunday, November 29, 2009

WalMart: Accepting Competitor Coupons?

It's possible. Depending on the manager at your WalMart location, you MAY be able to use competitor coupons. The extent of this is still somewhat of a mystery. According to WalMart Corporate, the local managers can make decisions on what coupons they accept. Although it is not WalMart's Corporate policy to accept these types of coupons.

I had one reader report that the Dawes Cottage Hill WalMart location did indeed take the competitor coupons, including a Winn Dixie $10/$50.

This is going to depend on the store you shop and the manager on duty. I make no promises.

So how would I proceed if I wanted to try this at WalMart? Before shopping I would get a Customer Service Manager on duty to confirm that this is indeed the case at the WalMart location. Get a name. I would hate for you to get to the register with a buggy full of groceries and coupons in tow--and then be told that you can not use the coupons.

If your location accepts, please feel free to comment below for other readers that may be interested.


Current WalMart locations reportedly accepting competitor coupons:
Mobile:

Dawes Cottage Hill
Schillinger Road (no $/$$)

Baldwin County:
Fairhope

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sent an email to wal mart corporate about their coupon policy 3 months ago and received an email back stating that they DO accept competitor's coupons. After multiple phone calls and trips to the Dawes Road location, I recieved a call from their store manager and was informed that they will begin accepting competitor's coupons. Now, I have done this a few times, but it is still a gamble when I get to the register. Usually a manager has to be called - no biggie : )

Anonymous said...

Well..I just called the Fairhope Walmart and spoke to a CSM and she stated they do not take the $/$$ off coupons. Can anyone confirm that they will take them?