Monday, July 13, 2009

My Publix Savings 7/13/09


My trip tonight was exhausting! I spent a lot of time price checking and trying to find stuff! But here is the deal...I am breaking it down like this-

Order Total $91.07
Tax $2.31
Total $93.38 (***THIS INCLUDES $80 in gas cards***)
So Total without gas cards 13.38!!! Nice, but here it gets better...submitting for the $10 Kraft/Publix Rebate...
So all said and done a whopping total of $3.38 for food tonight!!!!!!
Total Savings $116.38 (Really $126.38 with my rebate)

A PEEK IN THE BUGGY-
2- $50 Shell Gas Cards (in ad $10 coupons)
2- Crystal Light Drink mixes
1- Kraft BBQ sauce*
1- Kraft Dressing*
1- Kraft Mayo*
3- boxes of Jello pudding*
1- carton of eggs
4- boxes of Klondike ice cream bars
1- Digiorno for One
1- 6pk of Danonino Yogurt
4- bags of Simply Potatoes
2- cans of tomato sauce
4- cans of Chef Boy Raviolis
2- boxes of Rice A Roni
1- Knox Gelatin
3- boxes of BandAids
3- bottles of Huggies wash
3- boxes of Tylenol
1- Reach Dental Floss
1-Bakery Item
1- bouquet of flowers

Looking back the stuff seems a bit random...but really we are stocked up on everything! Items tend to cycle on sale--so I buy as many as I have coupons for. I do well buying only what is on sale and on my list. Why the gas cards? Well, I got $50 worth of gas for $40...plus to submit for the Kraft Rebate your receipt must be $50+ after coupons...My totals are usually well under $50.
I did buy milk and bread elsewhere today...Bruno's for the $1.99 milk. I bought bread at the EarthGrains Outlet for .99.
Exactly the same bread you buy at the grocery store--and just as fresh!!!

3 comments:

Nick082 said...

Wow. You did really good.

starbucksgirl said...

Shannon, you did really well on this trip. Nice Tylenol moneymaker.

I took some of my friends shopping with me to Publix tonight after a mini-coupon class and they clapped for me after they saw the balance at the register. It made me laugh so hard. $3.13 for $125 in groceries.

I took them with me to give them the visual on how to save when you're at Publix. It was fun. Hope you have loads of fun on your next trip. :)

The Bargain Buggy said...

LA- My next trip should be good. I do plan to touch base with you when I am in your neck of the woods next weekend!!! I would love to see you work your magic!