Wednesday, July 22, 2009

MY PUBLIX SAVINGS 7/22/09



Order Total $8.95
Tax $1.58
Grand Total $10.53

Savings $44.69

WHAT'S IN THE BUGGY?
4 bottles of Mott's apple juice
6 Yoplait Gogurts (my kids like these frozen)
2 bags of Spinach (I was granted permission to use Fresh Express coupons on these since they were out of the FE brand.)
2.29 lbs of bananas(.49 lb)
2 bags of Alexia Chips
1 container of Simply Potatoes
1 pint of Starbucks ice cream
1 16 oz Lawry's Seasoning

Coupons that I used:
$5/$30 (2) 1 Bruno's and 1 Publix--Hand these to the cashier FIRST!!!
.40 off Yoplait(6)
1.00 off Fresh Express(used to buy Publix brand since they were out) (2)
1.00 off Alexia Chips (2)
1 Free Simply Potatoes
1 Free Pint of Starbucks Ice Cream
.55 off Lawry's Seasoning Salt


LITTLE trip--but good savings. I will now submit my receipt and receive a coupon for a FREE bag of Alexia chips!
You may notice that the items that actually ended up in the buggy are a little different than the items originally on the list. For starters the Tyson Skillet meals were $7.99...I will wait until a B1G1 comes around to buy them. I also added a couple of small items to hit the $30 mark so I could use my $5/$30s.


***Please comment and let us know how your shopping trip went!!!!!!***

5 comments:

The Adventures of Batman and Robin said...

Sorry, I'm new to all of this, but what does $5/$30 mean?

Erika S. said...

I had a good trip, total spent $19.56, total savings $57.80!! Would've been better but I had to get milk and orange juice with No savings...boo!! Oh well, gotta have them!! Also, does anyone know where we can get any of those great coupon booklets I keep reading about on other sites like I Heart Publix?

Erika S. said...

The $5/$30 is $5 off a $30 purchase. Brunos has them in their weekly sales flyers again this week!! :) Make sure you give that coupon to the cashier BEFORE your other coupons!!! Shannon, did you use 2 of the Brunos coupons or did you have one from Brunos and one from Publix?

The Bargain Buggy said...

Erika,
I used 1 Bruno's and 1 Publix $5/$30. I have found a couple of the booklets in my travels here lately. The Fairhope store has not started receiving the "pallets" yet b/c they are so new--at least that is what the asst manager said. So that makes me think that they will start receiving more q books in the future. You can always try trading on I HEART PUBLIX-(trade wanted coupons for the books.) Done this before.
If I get my hands on a couple in TN I will get some for you too!!! :).I have found the Nothing Goes to Waist, Grape, and Advantage Flyers in Fairhope.
The new Unilever Raise Your Hand for Savings is the HOT one right now--I did find them(not here)...and will hopefully run across more this weekend!!! :)
YOU STAYED UNDER $20!!!!

The Bargain Buggy said...

Kristen,
$5/$30s are coupons that give you $5 off when you buy $30 of goods. The Fairhope location allows you to "stack"--which means that you can use one Publix $5 off $30, and one Bruno's $5 off $30. $10 savings when you buy at least $30 of goods.
You can find the Bruno's coupon in the ad in the paper--or right when you walk in the Bruno's door there is usually a stand of ads. The Publix coupon is found in the Publix booklet that you have to ask for at the customer service counter in Fairhope.
The Orange Beach location has $5/$50 in the Island Clipper. There you can only use one of these coupons.
MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS HAND THESE $5/$30 COUPONS TO THE CASHIER BEFORE YOUR OTHER COUPONS.