Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Welcome!

So maybe this is long overdue...I have been shopping Publix for a couple of months now. And have been saving A LOT. Publix--Saving? Yes, you read right. I can hear the unasked question when I tell people that I went to Publix and spent $20 and saved $145(my best trip)--So, WHAT DID YOU BUY??? This blog is that visual!

My Publix Savings is strictly to showcase my buys--maybe a little brag blog if you will. I hit a couple of sites to confirm my match ups. I will share those sites here. Along with other frugal sites that I follow closely.
Enjoy!
FYI-The Fairhope Publix DOES take Target coupons. Items do ring up 1/2, 1/2. And Debbie the manager is SUPER nice!

PUBLIX Coupon Pointers:

Some of your best deals are B1G1s! Especially when you have coupons. You can use one manufacturer coupon per item and "stack" it with one store(PUBLIX)/competitor(Target, etc...) coupon. So on a B1G1, where you are really buying 2--you can use up to 4 coupons on those 2 items! BIG SAVINGS!
B1G1 items usually ring up 1/2 price, 1/2 price on the two items.

I have found Target has some of the BEST competitor coupons--You can find them at Hot Coupon World, click on Target and print.

When matching up my coupons these are my favorite sites:
Publix 4 Pennies
I Heart Publix
I Love Publix
*These blogs are not in our area--so deals/coupon match up may be slightly different. Coupons may differ in other regions.

PUBLIX offers ads online along with a printable grocery list.

Where do I find my coupons?
Manufacturer coupons mostly come from Sunday papers, magazines, mailings, and the internet(also called IPs).
Here are good sites for internet printables:
Red Plum
Smart Source
Coupons.com

Always check the manufacturer's websites too! Like this is a HOT one now-Nabisco

Publix coupons-mailing and booklets
Target coupons- mailing, newspaper, Hot Coupon World

2 comments:

starbucksgirl said...

Yes, long overdue. I have been waiting for you to start your own Publix blog so that I can come out here and post.

Please share many personal things about yourself in your blog so that I can get to know you.

The Bargain Buggy said...

Well, LA girl-I consider you THE expert--so welcome. :)