Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MY PUBLIX SAVINGS 8/19/09



So I took last week off--and boy, I was ready to go today!!! :) This is a really GREAT ad. I think that I have stressed that enough now.

My best savings trip! Spent a little more--saved even more. :)
I bought A LOT of food!

I have tried to go back and add most of the coupons that I used on my trip. I use newspaper coupons, Publix publication coupons, printable coupons, mailings, etc...I used 1-$5/50 Publix and 1-$5/25 CVS. It has always been my understanding that 2 is the max amount of $5 offs that you are able to use. I have a link for $5 off coupons in the right side bar or HERE. You can find the printable links at I HEART PUBLIX.

Order total $27.79
Sales Tax $9.73 (that's a lot of tax!!!)
Grand Total $37.52 (I was able to pay some of that balance with a $10 ConAgra Publix Rebate gift card!)

TOTAL SAVINGS $209.10
Saved 85%! $246.62 in groceries for $37.52!

WHAT'S IN THE BUGGY?
6 Taco Bell Dinners* (5-.75 peelies on boxes and 1-printable)
6 boxes of Eggo Waffles, 16 pk.** (6-$1/1 coupons that I won)
6 boxes of Uncle Ben's Rice (1- $1/2 coupons from paper and printable)
4 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios (4-.55 printable, 4-Target $1/1 General Mills printable)
4 jars of Ragu sauce (4-.55 Raise Your Hand Unilever book)
4 bottles of Shout (2-B1G1, 2- .55 paper man. coupon)
4 boxes of Lipton tea( these are very small) ($1/1 Raise Your Hand Unliever book)
3 packages of Yoplait Fiber One, 4 pk. (3-$1.35 mailing coupons)
3 boxes of Kraft Mac & Cheese (B3G1 Free)
2 Edwards Single Pie Slices (2-$1/1 printable)
2 boxes of Cheez-its (Whole Grain is included) (2-.75/1 printable)
2 bags of Beggin Dog Treats (2-$1.50 printable)
2 bags of fresh Eat Smart veggies (2-.50 from mailing)
1 bag of Kingsford charcoal, 18lb (2.00 off charcoal printable)
4 loaves of Cole's Garlic Toast (4-.50/1 printable)
1 Kraft Velvetta Cheese (1-$1/1 out of area newspaper)
1 McCormick Pepper (1-$1/1 Nothing Goes to Waist)
1 5 lb bag of baking potatoes (allowed to use Target Green Giant $1 coupon to buy Publix brand since they did not carry GG brand-ASK permission!)
1 container of Kozy Shack Pudding (.55/1 June All You)
1 Glad Straws (.75/1 off Glad product printable)
1 box of Knox Gelatin (printable)
1 dozen large eggs(.99) (no coupons)
2 pears, 2 apples, 1 bunch of bananas, 1 orange (2-Target coupons for apples and bananas)
6 Sundown vitamins (Advantage coupons)
1 pack of Pork loin chops(little over $6.00) ($6 pork printable WYB charcoal and qualifying product)
1 pack of ground turkey($2.99)(no coupons)
1 whole turkey(on sale for .99 lb, no coupons-bought $7.13 turkey)

*HINT: Buy the Taco Bell dinners that include soft shells, hard shells, seasoning, salsa and Kool Aid for an even better deal! I use the hard shells/seasonings for taco night dinner...and the soft shells to make sandwiches for the girls. So a couple meals out of that one box!!! There are also .75 peelies on some of the boxes.

**NOTE: Thanks to a sweet follower who spotted the Eggo waffles in my buggy(I was about to buy the wrong ones!) The 2/$4 Eggo waffles are the large 16 pk box!!!

I did not split up my trip into a bunch of different transactions...it is just too much trouble on everyone's part. But if I would have I would have saved a little more because I could have used a bunch of $5/$20 coupons. On this trip, I used one Publix $5/50 and one CVS $5/25.

I keep looking back at my receipt--thinking gosh it seems high(compared to my $10-$20 trips)--BUT I keep reminding myself that I DID buy a turkey($7.13), charcoal($4.99) and ground turkey($2.99 with no coupons)...and I paid $9.73 in tax!!! So it makes sense.

It was fun running into some of my readers!!! Looks like they were having as much fun saving as me!!! Nice to meet you!!!

4 comments:

Erika S. said...

Wow!! Great shopping!! I hope to have a good trip like you did :)

Donna said...

Glad I could help on the waffles today! It was GREAT to get to meet you. I wish I had hung around to watch you check out so I could see what coupons you had. I don't know how you do it, I look in every paper and on every coupon website and I still must have only had half the coupons you did. I'll bet that check out lady nearly fainted when she saw how much money you saved! Way to go!

Eastern Shore Mom said...

I second that Erika! I am going to be bummed because there is no way my total will be like hers!!!

The Bargain Buggy said...

YES it will!!!!